vRealize Network Insight supports the single-click offline upgrade of the product from Release 3.7 and later.
- Verify you meet the following disk space requirements for platform and collector server:
/tmp- 6 GB
/home- 2 GB
- Verify you meet the following disk space requirement for platform server:
Note: The bundle upload and the subsequent upgrade steps may fail if there is insufficient space in the
/- 12 GB (Only for the Platform1 node)
- To avoid the UI session timeout, increase the User Session Timeout to at least 2 hours. To increase the session timeout, go to . After you change the session timeout duration, you must log in again to the system.
- Ensure that you have taken snapshots for all the platform and collector VMs.
- Download the required upgrade bundle file from My VMware and save the update package in your local disk.
- Check and ensure that the
MD5SUMvalue of the downloaded bundle matches the
MD5SUMvalue specified in the VMware website.
- On the Install and Support page, under Software version, click Click here.
- Click Browse to select the file and click Upload.
When the upload is complete, vRealize Network Insight show the Bundle Upload Complete message notification within 2-3 minutes and the bundle processing happens in the background.Note: Do not refresh the page after bundle upload until you see the Update Available message notification.
- In the Update Available message notification, click View details.
vRealize Network Insight Upgrade screen appears.
- Read the Before you proceed instruction and click Continue.
- Wait for the pre-checks to complete, and then click Install Now.
- Once the upgrade process begins, vRealize Network Insight Upgrade screen provides the status of the upgrade process.
- Ensure that all the nodes are active before beginning the upgrade. If any node is inactive before the upgrade begins, the upgrade is not triggered.
- Once the upgrade begins, if a node becomes inactive, the upgrade process does not continue. The upgrade will not resume until the node becomes active again.
- Until the upload of the package happens, the user should take care that the session is not closed. If the session ends, the user has to restart the upload process.
- The Platform 1 becomes the upgrade server here. If Platform1 is offline, then no other node is upgraded.
- Once the platforms are upgraded, you can resume your normal vRealize Network Insightoperations even though the collector upgrade happens in parallel. Until the upgrade process is completely over, the
Node Version Mismatch detectedmessage is shown in the Install and Support page.
- Upon the completion of upgrade process, you see the confirmation message.
All platforms and the collectors nodes are upgraded.
What to do next
- Log in to vRealize Network Insight and perform your tasks.
- After two or three days, delete the snapshots to save the disk space.