vRealize Network Insight provides the approximate capacity and load information of a collector node and a platform. This limits-based information helps you to prevent the performance and experience issues later.
- VM capacity: It is defined as the number of discovered VMs that a node or a setup can handle.
- Flow capacity: It is defined as the number of flows that a node or a setup can handle.
- Single platform with one or more proxy nodes: The capacity of a proxy node or the platform is the number of discovered VMs that it can handle without the degradation of performance.
- Cluster setup: The capacity of the platform in a cluster setup is the aggregation of all the capacities of all the platform nodes while the capacity of proxy nodes is considered at the level of an individual node.
Accessing the Capacity Information
You can view VM Capacity and Flow Capacity on the Install and Support page.
- In the Accounts and Data Sources page, you can see the number of VMs that have been discovered for a particular data source which is already added and currently active. This column will have a value only if the data source is vCenter or AWS source.