Consider the CLI upgrade only if both online upgrade or single-click offline upgrade does not work. You must upgrade Platform VMs before Collector VMs. However, you must contact VMware Support before initiating Offline Upgrade using CLI.
- The upgrade steps might fail if there is insufficient space in the
/tmpdirectory. Verify you meet the following disk space requirements for platform and collector server:
/tmp- 6 GB
/home- 2 GB
/var- 40 GB
- Ensure that all the nodes are online. If any node is inactive, you will not be allowed to trigger the upgrade.
- Take the snapshots of the VMs.
- Note the following values to verify after migration:
- Count of VMs
- VM where Snapshot Count > 0
- Count of Firewall Rule
- Count of Security Group
- Count of NSX Firewall
- Download the required upgrade bundle file from My VMware.
- Check and ensure that the
MD5SUMvalue of the downloaded bundle matches the
MD5SUMvalue specified in the VMware website.
- Copy the upgrade bundle to vRealize Network Insight Platform 1 VM and all Collector VMs.
- To copy the file from Linux VM to vRealize Network Insight VM, run command scp <filename>.upgrade.bundle consoleuser@<IP_Address_vRNI_VM>:~/.
- To copy the file from Windows VM to vRealize Network Insight VM, run command pscp -scp <SOURCE_PATH>\<filename>.upgrade.bundle consoleuser@<IP_Address_vRNI_VM>:~/.
- Log in to the vRealize Network Insight Platform 1 through CLI using
consoleuserand run the following commands:
Note: You must perform the Platform upgrade first then start the Collector update.
- package-installer copy --host localhost --user consoleuser --path /home/consoleuser/<filename>.upgrade.bundle
- package-installer upgrade --name <filename>.upgrade.bundle
- Run the package-installer upgrade command again after the setup is rebooted as part of OS upgrade.
Important: If you get an SSH session timeout error, you must check /var/log/arkin/centralized_upgrade.log to know if the reboot has already happened. If the reboot is successful, you must run the
package-installer upgradecommand again.
- Log in to each Collector node through CLI and perform the upgrade using the same commands used for platform upgrade.
Note: You can upgrade all the Collectors simultaneously.
- Verify the upgraded version using the