You can deploy vRealize Network Insight using vSphere Web Client.
- Right-click the Datacenter where you want to install the appliance and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Enter the URL to download and install the OVA package or browse to select the source location of the OVA package.
- Enter the OVA name. Select the destination folder for deployment.
- Select a host or a cluster or a resource pool where you want to run the deployed template.
- Verify the OVF template details.
- Read the End User License Agreement and click Accept.
- Select a deployment configuration. Click Next.
- Select the location to store the files for the deployed template. Select Thin Provision as the Virtual Disk format. Select the datastore or the datastore clusters where you want to store the files. Click Next.
- Select the network that the deployed VM will use.
The selected network should allow the appliance to reach out to Internet for support and upgrade.
- To customize the template for the deployment, you will have to manually configure the appliance using the VM console. Click Next.
- Verify the configuration details and click Finish.
- Increase the Brick Size of your Setup to match the system recommendations and requirements.
- Once the platform is installed, start the VM and launch the console.
- Log in with the console credential that you see on the screen and run the setup command.
- Create the password for the support login and change the password for the consoleuser.
- Your password must contain a minimum of 6 characters. A single quote (') is not allowed.
- You must change the support and consoleuser password periodically to comply with your organization policy.
- Enter the following details to configure the network:
- IPv4 Address: Second reserved static IP address
- Netmask: Subnet mask for the above static IP
- Default Gateway: Default gateway of your network
- DNS : DNS server of your environment
Note: For multiple DNS servers, ensure that they are separated by space.
- Domain Search List : The domain that needs to be appended for dns lookups
yto save the configuration.
- Enter the NTP Sever and ensure that it can reached from the VM. The services will fail to start if NTP time is out of sync.
Note: For multiple NTP servers, ensure that they are separated by commas.
- (Optional) To configure Web Proxy, enter
- All the services are verified.
- Add additional disk space based on your setup requirement. See https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/53550.