You can deploy vRealize Network Insight using vSphere Windows native client.
- Click .
- Enter the URL to download and install the OVA package from the internet or browse to select the source location of the OVA package on your computer.
- Click Next and verify the OVF template details.
- Read the End-User License Agreement and click Accept.
- Provide a name and specify the location for the deployed template. Click Next.
- Select the Deployment Configuration.
- Select a Host/Cluster where you want to run the deployed template.
- Select the Resource Pool in which you want to deploy this template.
- Select a destination storage for the VM files. Click Next.
- Specify the format in which you want to store the virtual disks. Select Thin Provision as the virtual disk format. Click Next.
- Specify the network that the deployed template should use. Map the network from OVA to your inventory.
- Customize the template for the deployment. Provide the shared secret that was generated on the onboarding page. You will have to manually configure the appliance using the VM console. Click Next.
- Verify all the configuration data. Check Power on after deployment. Click Finish.
- Increase the Brick Size of your Setup to match the System Recommendations and Requirements.
- Once the Collector OVA is installed, start the VM and launch the console.
- Log in with the console credential that you see on the screen and run the setup command.
- Create the password for the support login and change the password for the consoleuser.
- Your password must contain a minimum of 6 characters. A single quote (') is not allowed.
- You must change the support and consoleuser password periodically to comply with your organization policy.
- Enter the following details to configure the network:
- IPv4 Address: Second reserved static IP address
- Netmask: Subnet mask for the above static IP
- Default Gateway: Default gateway of your network
- DNS : DNS server of your environment
Note: For multiple DNS servers, ensure that they are separated by space.
- Domain Search List : The domain that needs to be appended for
yto save the configuration.
- Enter the NTP Sever and ensure that it can reached from the VM. The services will fail to start if NTP time is out of sync.
Note: For multiple NTP servers, ensure that they are separated by commas.
- (Optional) To configure Web Proxy, enter
- All the services are verified.
- Add additional disk space based on your setup requirement. See https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/53550.