You can import the vRealize Network Insight Collector OVA using vSphere Web Client.
- Right-click the Datacenter where you want to install the appliance and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Enter the URL to download and install the OVA package from the internet or browse to select the source location of OVA from your computer.
- Provide a name and specify the location for the deployed template. Click Next.
- Select a resource (host or a cluster) where you want to run the deployed template. Click Next.
- Verify all the details of the template. Click Next.
- Read the End-User License Agreement and click Accept. Click Next.
- Select a deployment configuration. Click Next.
- Select the location where you want to store the files for the deployed template. Specify the format in which you want to store the virtual disks. Select Thin Provision as the virtual disk format. Select the Datastore in which you want to install the files. Click Next.
- Specify the destination network for the source network. Click Next.
- Customize the template for the deployment. Provide the shared secret that was generated from the UI. You will have to manually configure the appliance using the VM console. Click Next.
- Verify all the configuration data. Click Finish.
- Once the Collector OVA is installed, start the VM and launch the console.
- Log in with the console credential that you see on the screen and run the setup command.
- Create the password for the support login and change the password for the consoleuser.
- Your password must contain a minimum of 6 characters. A single quote (') is not allowed.
- You must change the support and consoleuser password periodically to comply with your organization policy.
- Enter the following details to configure the network:
- IPv4 Address: Second reserved static IP address
- Netmask: Subnet mask for the above static IP
- Default Gateway: Default gateway of your network
- DNS : DNS server of your environment
Note: For multiple DNS servers, ensure that they are separated by space.
- Domain Search List : The domain that needs to be appended for dns lookups
yto save the configuration.
- Enter the NTP Sever and ensure that it can reached from the VM. The services will fail to start if NTP time is out of sync.
Note: For multiple NTP servers, ensure that they are separated by commas.
- (Optional) To configure web proxy:
- Provide the web proxy details.
- A check is made to see if the shared secret key has been configured. The collector is paired with the corresponding platform. This may take few minutes.
- All the services are verified.
- Click Finish, once Proxy Detected! message is displayed on the onboarding page. It will redirect to the Login Page.