You must set up the vRealize Network Insight collector to collect data from VMware Cloud on AWS.
Deploy a vRealize Network Insight collector within every SDDC that needs to be added as a data source.
- Using a vRealize Network Insight collector deployed in one VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC to collect data from another VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC is not supported.
- You must deploy the vRealize Network Insight collector on a native VMware Cloud on AWS segment. Deploying a collector on extended segments is not supported.
- Log in to vRealize Network Insight.
- Navigate to .
- Copy the contents of the shared secret.
You will require this during the deployment of vRealize Network Insight Collector OVA.
- Deploy the vRealize Network Insight Collector OVA in the Compute Resource Pool of the VMware Cloud on AWS vCenter.
Use the shared secret that you have generated.
- Change the CPU resource reservation of the collector OVA to 1251 MHz.
- Start the collector VM and follow the wizard to pair the collector with the vRealize Network Insight platform.
- Validate that the collector pairs successfully with the platform.