You must add data sources into vRealize Network Insight to gather data of your data center.
For each added data source, you can view the following information:
- All: Displays all the available data sources.
- With Problems: Displays the data sources where vRealize Network Insight has found a problem.
- With Recommendations: Displays auto generated recommendations from vRealize Network Insight for the data sources that require additional information.
- Disabled: Displays the data sources that have been disabled.
|Type(Nickname)||Displays name of the data source.|
|Identifier||Displays IP address or FQDN details for the Data Source.|
|Last Collection||Displays the last collection time on which the data is collected.|
|Discovered VMs||Displays the number of VMs that have been discovered for that data source.
Note: The Discovered VMs column is populated only if the data source is vCenter or AWS source.
|Collector VM||Displays the name of the collector to which the data source has been added.
Note: You can view this column only if the data sources are present on different collectors. If all the listed data sources have been added on the same collector, you do not see the column.
|Enabled||Indicates if the data source is enabled or not.|
|Actions||Displays options to edit and delete the data source.|
vRealize Network Insight provides the following functions to enable easy access to the information of data sources.
- You can perform search for a data source by its name, its IP address, or by the collector VM name by using the search bar above the column headers.
- You can filter information by different data sources in the Type( Nickname) column.
- You can filter information by various collector VMs in the Collector VM column.
vRealize Network Insight enables you to add different types of VMware products and other third party data sources ranging from public cloud, containers, firewalls, routers and switches, and load balancers.