You can define and configure new user-defined intents in vRealize Network Insight. After defining an intent, you can edit, delete, duplicate, enable, or disable the intent at any time.
- From the main left navigation bar, click Manage Intents.
- On the Intents page, click DEFINE INTENT.
- Expand a category under Intent Type and click Select the type of intent you want to create.
Note: You cannot edit the intent type after you create the intent. However, you can use the Modify option to change the type while you are in the process of defining the intent.
- Enter the intent parameters, which includes the intent name, the intent severity and the intent tag.
The parameter list contains additional fields, which are based on the intent type you select.
- Select how you want to get the alert notification.
You get the alert notification on the configured email address or SNMP Trap destination. You can select multiple check boxes as per your requirement.
- Click Submit.
You can view the new intent on the Intents page.