You can add VMware Cloud (VMC) - NSX Manager as a data source.
- Add a VMware Cloud (VMC) - vCenter
- For VMware Cloud and VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, Generate API Tokens.
For VMware Cloud, you must have Administrator and NSX Cloud Admin service roles.
For VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, you must have VMC on Dell EMC Administrator and VMC on Dell EMC Cloud Admin role for NSX service roles.
- Ensure that the platform node has direct internet access. Also, the firewall rules must allow the platform to connect to the internet. To know about firewall rules, see Creating VMware Cloud (VMC) firewall rules for vRealize Network Insight.
If you are using a web proxy to access internet, you must configure web proxy correctly. To know about web proxy configuration, see Configuring Web Proxies for VMware Cloud (VMC).
- To use all the available vRealize Network Insight features and to enable DFW IPFIX on VMware Cloud (VMC) Policy Manager, you must have the following privileges:
Service Organization Role Service Role Allowed Actions VMware Cloud on AWS Org Member Administrator and NSX Cloud Admin Add Data Source, Enable IPFIX. VMware Cloud On Dell EMC Org Member VMC on Dell EMC Administrator and VMC on Dell EMC Cloud Admin role for NSX Add Data Source, Enable IPFIX.
- On the Settings page, click Accounts and Data Sources.
- Click Add Source.
- Under VMware Cloud (VMC), click VMC - NSX Manager.
- In the Add a VMware Cloud (VMC) - NSX Manager page, do the following:
Option Action VMware Cloud Select the required VMware cloud type.
For example, while adding the Azure VMware solution, from the VMware Cloud drop-down, select Azure VMware Solution.
VMC vCenter Select the corresponding vCenter. Collector VM The System selects the collector automatically based on the selection of the vCenter.Note: You must add the NSX Manager to the same collector VM as of the corresponding vCenter. IP Address/FQDN Provide the IP address.Note:
For VMware Cloud on AWS, you get the IP address from Support tab of VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC Console.
For VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, you must contact VMC on Dell EMC Support to get the IP address.
CSP Refresh TokenNote: The CSP Refresh Token is applicable only if you have selected the VMware cloud type as VMware Cloud or VMware Cloud on Dell EMC.Enter the API token that you have generated. Username and PasswordNote: This is applicable only if you have selected the VMware cloud type as Azure VMware Solution or Google Cloud VMware Engine.Enter the username and password. Web Proxy (Optional) Select a web proxy from the Web Proxy (Optional) drop-down menu.Note: The Web Proxy (Optional) is visible only if you have configured a web proxy in vRealize Network Insight.
- Click Validate.
- To collect IPFIX flows for DFW, select Enable DFW IPFIX check-box.
Note: If you get error messages while enabling DFW IPFIX, see Unable to Enable DFW IPFIX troubleshooting topic.
- In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- In the Notes (Optional) text box, you can add a note if necessary.
- Click SUBMIT.