vRealize Network Insight allows you to add Infoblox Grid as a DNS data provider in vRealize Network Insight.
Infoblox DNS offers an advanced solution to manage and control DNS. It uses Infoblox Grid to ensure that the DNS is highly available throughout the network. The DNS data from Infoblox is used only for enriching the flows where either the source or the destination IP addresses are associated with the physical devices.
The Infoblox DNS data co-exists with the DNS data that is imported by using CSV.
Infoblox does not need a dedicated collector. If you have configured an Infoblox DNS data source on a collector, you can use the same collector to configure other data sources on it.
- vRealize Network Insight supports only single-grid mode for Infoblox in the current release.
- Only A Records are supported in the current release. Shared A Records are not supported currently.
- The DNS enrichment is supported only for the IP addresses that are marked as physical in the current release.
- If there are multiple FQDNs for a single physical IP address, all FQDNs are returned.
You must verify the following information:
- Go to .
- Click Add Source.
- Under DNS, click Infoblox.
- On the Add a new Infoblox Account or Source page, provide the following details:
Option Action Collector VM Select a collector VM from the drop-down menu. IP Address/FQDN Enter the IP address or the FQDN details. Username Enter the user name. Password Enter the password.
- Click Validate.
Note: Ensure that you have the
API Privilegeto access the Infloblox APIs.
- (Optional) In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.