You can add a physical flow collector and configure the switches to send sFlow and NetFlow records to the collector.
Note:If any other data source is added to the collector, it is not available as a Physical Flow Collector for sFlow and NetFlow.
- Do not use a physical flow collector to collect VeloCloud Edge flow records.
- vRealize Network Insight listens to sFlow records on port 6343 of the collector appliance. Therefore, make sure to send sFlow records to port 6343 of the collector.
- For Cisco ASR/ISR (SD-WAN Assessment):
- If you have an existing data source in your environment, add a separate collector VM as a Physical Flow Collector to collect NetFlow and sFlow records.
- If you only have the Cisco ASR/ISR (SD-WAN Assessment) data source, then you can use the same collector VM to collect NetFlow and sFlow records.
- Go to .
- Click Add Source.
- Under Flows, select Physical Flow Collector (Netflow, sFlow).
sFlows are accepted only on a physical collector.
- On Add a new Physical Account or Source page, click Add Collector VM.
- The Add a new Network Insight Data Collector virtual appliance window is displayed. Click Copy to copy the shared secret to import the collector service ova in your VMware vCenter.
- Click Done.
- (Optional) In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.
Note: vRealize Network Insight collects the packet samples for sFlow and therefore cannot show the complete metrics for the flows.
What to do next
- Define the destination (Collector IP address that you added in vRealize Network Insight).
- Set the port for the flow collector.
- Assign poll interval.
Note: The procedure to configure the switch depends on the type of switch that you want to configure. For more information, see the respective switch documentation.