You can upgrade your current vRealize Network Insight environment to the latest version by following the correct upgrade path.
Important points to consider while upgrading:
- Ensure that you are following the upgrade path. To know about the correct upgrade path, see VMware Product Interoperability Matrix - Upgrade Path.
- After upgrade, vRealize Network Insight takes from 12 through 24 hours to process the data that was in pipeline during the upgrade operation and reflect it on the UI.
- vRealize Network Insight does not support rollback or product downgrade.
- You must take a backup before you proceed to upgrade. For more information about the back up and restore process, see the https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/55829 KB article.
- In a cluster environment, you must perform the upgrade operation only on the platform 1 node.
Note: If the upload failure or the UI failure issue occurs while performing the centralized upgrade, contact VMware support.