When you perform application discovery using tags, names, ServiceNow, flows, or advanced properties, vRealize Network Insight displays the discovered applications that match the criteria in a tabular view and a map view.
The map and the tabular view are interactive. If you click an application in the tabular view, the hexagon representing the application gets highlighted or focused on the map view, displaying shared services and network connections with other applications.
Tabular View of Applications
In the tabular view, you can do the following:
- View details such as the application name, count of tiers and VMs, and status. If you discover applications using flows, you also see the Confidence column indicating the accuracy of discovered applications.
- Click the Save icon next to the application to save the application.
- Select one or more applications and click the Actions drop-down menu to save selected applications.
Select one or more applications and click the Actions drop-down menu to merge or save applications.
Select two or more applications, click the Actions drop-down menu, and select the Merge & Save option to merge selected applications and save them as a single application. You do this action only if your application is discovered as multiple applications and you want to merge them back to a single application.Note: You can merge a maximum of 20 applications.
- If you discover applications using ServiceNow or flows, you can export one or more applications in
Map View of Applications
In the map view, you can do the following:
- Hover over a hexagon to see details such as the application name, discovered VM count, and the tier count.
- On hover, click Save Application to save the application.
- Zoom in and zoom out, or move the map to see the applications.
- See applications with unprotected flows.
- See applications talking to the internet.
- See applications using shared services.
- See applications with problems.
Viewing Discovered Applications by Criteria
Use the following options that are available on the top of the page to sort, filter, and search discovered applications:
Displays applications based on size. Fine granularity displays smaller applications and coarse granularity displays only larger applications.
You see this option only if you have discovered applications using flows.
Sorts applications by name, tiers, and VMs.
If you have discovered applications using flows, you can also sort your applications by Confidence.
|Show||Displays top 10, 20, 50, or 100 applications on the map and the table view.|
|Search apps, tiers, or VMs||Searches applications by name, tiers, or members.|