This section provides the limitations for the various alerts.
Distributed Firewall Rule Masked by Preceding Rule alert Limitation
This alert has the following limitations:
- This alert is supported only for the NSX-V distributed firewall rules, NSX-T distributed and Edge firewall rules, and NSX-T on VMware Cloud on AWS firewall rules. Other firewall vendors are not supported.
- The following firewall rule properties are currently supported for masking computation:
- Applied To
- Service protocol and Port ranges
- Packet type
- Layer-7 application IDs
- Rules with source or destination inversion are not supported.
- Deactivated rules are ignored.
- Rules with security groups containing excluded members directly or indirectly in Source/Destination or Applied To is not supported.
- The masking computation for Source, Destination, and Applied To properties are based on the static membership and IP range overlap of member IPSets. Dynamic membership of a security group are not considered for masking.