You can add VMware Cloud on AWS - NSX Manager as a data source in vRealize Network Insight Cloud.
- Add VMware Cloud on AWS - vCenter
- For VMware Cloud and VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, Generate API Tokens.
For VMware Cloud, you must have Administrator and NSX Cloud Admin service roles.
For VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, you must have VMC on Dell EMC Administrator and VMC on Dell EMC Cloud Admin role for NSX service roles.
- Ensure that the platform node has direct internet access. Also, the firewall rules must allow the platform to connect to the internet. To know about firewall rules, see Create VMware Cloud on AWS Firewall Rules for vRealize Network Insight Cloud.
If you are using a web proxy to access internet, you must configure web proxy correctly. To know about web proxy configuration, see Configuring Web Proxies for VMware Cloud on AWS.
- To use all the available vRealize Network Insight Cloud features and to enable the DFW IPFIX on VMware Cloud on AWS Policy Manager, you must have the following privileges:
Service Organization Role Service Role Allowed Actions VMware Cloud on AWS Org Member Administrator and NSX Cloud Admin Add Data Source, Enable IPFIX. VMware Cloud On Dell EMC Org Member VMC on Dell EMC Administrator and VMC on Dell EMC Cloud Admin role for NSX Add Data Source, Enable IPFIX.
- Go to .
- Click Add Source.
- Under VMware Cloud (VMC), click VMC - NSX Manager.
- In the Add a VMware Cloud (VMC) - NSX Manager page, do the following:
Option Action VMware Cloud Select the required VMware cloud type.
For example, while adding the Azure VMware solution, from the VMware Cloud drop-down, select Azure VMware Solution.
VMC vCenter Select the corresponding vCenter.Note: VMC vCenter is applicable only if you have selected the VMware cloud type as VMware Cloud on AWS or VMware Cloud on Dell EMC. Collector VM The System selects the collector automatically based on the selection of the VMware vCenter.Note: You must add the NSX Manager to the same collector VM as of the corresponding VMware vCenter. IP Address/FQDN Provide the IP address.Note:
For VMware Cloud on AWS, you get the IP address from Support tab of VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC Console.
For VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, you must contact VMC on Dell EMC Support to get the IP address.
CSP Refresh Token Enter the API token that you have generated.Note: The CSP Refresh Token is applicable only if you have selected the VMware cloud type as VMware Cloud on AWS or VMware Cloud on Dell EMC. Username and Password Enter the user name and password.Note: This is applicable only if you have selected the VMware cloud type as Azure VMware Solution, Google Cloud VMware Engine and Oracle Cloud VMware Solution. Web Proxy (Optional) Select a web proxy from the Web Proxy (Optional) drop-down menu.Note: The Web Proxy (Optional) is visible only if you have configured a web proxy in vRealize Network Insight Cloud.
- Click Validate.
- To collect IPFIX flows for DFW, select Enable DFW IPFIX check-box.
Note: If you get error messages while enabling DFW IPFIX, see Unable to Enable DFW IPFIX troubleshooting topic.
- (Optional) In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.