When communicating with the vRealize Network Insight Cloud platform; the collector requires HTTPS port 443 to be open for outgoing traffic.
Additionally, NTP and DNS traffic should be allowed for the correct functioning of the vRealize Network Insight Cloud or vRealize Network Insight Cloud collector.
Create a firewall rule with the following details:
- Name: An appropriate descriptive name
- Source: The name of the VMware Cloud on AWS Group containing the collector IP address.
- Destination: Select ANY
- Services – Select HTTPS, DNS, DNS-UDP, NTP, ICMP
- Action – Allow
- Applied To – Internet Interface
- Logging – Enable logging, if required.