In vRealize Network Insight Cloud, you can override IP addresses, IP ranges, and subnets as either private IPs (East-West IPs) or public IPs (North-South IPs).
East-West IPs and North-South IPs
The IP addresses that are within the range of RFC1918 standard and the IP addresses of the VMs in vRealize Network Insight Cloud are considered as East-West IPs or private IPs.
The IP addresses that are outside RFC1918 are considered as North-South IPs or public IPs.
Configuring East-West and North-South IPs
- Go to Customize. and click
- In the East-West IPs text box, enter custom IPs that you want to override as private IPs. Custom IPs can be IP addresses, IP ranges, or subnets.
- In the North-South IPs text box, enter custom IPs that you want to override as public IPs.
- Click Save.
While adding the IP addresses, you can do the following actions:
- To add a single IP address, specify the IP address and press Enter.
- To add multiple IP addresses, use commas.
- To add an IP range or a subnet, specify the IP entries and press Enter.
- To add an IP range or a subnet and exclude a few IP addresses, click Add Exceptions, enter the exception IPs, and click Done.
Note: You can add IP addresses, IP ranges, and subnets as exceptions. The IP addresses that you add as exceptions in the East-West IPs text box are considered as North-South IPs and vice versa.