If a collector VM is down or deleted, you can add a new collector VM and migrate data source from the old collector VM to the new collector VM.
- Go to
section, click the edit icon next to the collector name in the list.If the collector VM is down, you see the error message. The Edit Collector page lists all the data sources added to the collector.
- To migrate a data source, click Migrate for a particular data source.
- Enter the required information of the new collector on the Edit Account or Source page.
Table 1. Fields Description Collector VM Name of the new collector VM to which the data source has to be migrated IP Address Pre-filled IP/FQDN address of data source Username Username for the data source Password Password for the data source
- Click Validate and then click Submit.
The data source is then deleted in the old collector VM and is added to the new collector VM.
- Once the migration is successful, you will see the new collector VM against the data source in the Enabled column in the Accounts and Data Sources page.
- If you are migrating VMware vCenter to another collector VM, then ensure that you migrate the corresponding NSX Manager also to the same collector VM.
- When you migrate NSX Manager to another collector VM, the child data providers such as NSX controller and NSX Edge are also migrated to the new collector VM.