You must set a vRealize Network Insight Cloud instance as a primary instance that will host the Federation page and configure peer instances that will send the data to this primary instance.
To configure the primary instance, you must have the vRealize Cloud Universal subscription and the administrator privilege.
- In the navigation panel on the left of the Homepage, click .
- On the Infrastructure and Support page, Select the Federation tab.
- Click Configure to add the primary instance details.
In the Configure Instance page, do the following:
- Mode: select the mode as Primary
- Nickname: Enter a nick name
- Location: Search by the city name or zip code and select the city to add it as the location
- Click Submit.
- In the Federation page, Click Add Peer and copy the contents of the shared secret.
You will require this while configuring a peer instance of vRealize Network Insight.
What to do next
Configure peer instances which will send data to the primary instance.