You can add Kubernetes as a data source and fetch your Kubernetes Cluster details into vRealize Network Insight Cloud.
- You must ensure that:
- The data source follows VMware Ports and Protocols supported in vRealize Network Insight Cloud. For more information, see VMware Ports and Protocols.
- The data source and its version is supported in vRealize Network Insight Cloud. For more information, see Supported Products and Versions.
- The Kubernetes API Server is accessible from the Collector VM.
- You have cluster admin role with read permissions.
- You have added NSX-T Manager in vRealize Network Insight Cloud.
- Go to .
- Click Add Source.
- Under Containers, select Kubernetes.
- In the Add a new Kubernetes Account or Source page, provide the following details:
Field Name Description NSX-T Manager Select the NSX-T Manager that supports the underlying networking for Kubernetes. Collector VM vRealize Network Insight Cloud automatically selects the corresponding collector VM associated with the chosen NSX-T Manager.Note: The collector VMs that are added as a NetFlow collector are not available in the list. Kubeconfig Click Browse and upload the Kubernetes configuration file that has Kubernetes cluster details. For more information about the format of the Kubeconfig configuration file, refer to the Kubernetes documentation.Note: The user configured in the Kubeconfig file must have the List and Watch privileges.
- Click Validate.
You see the Validation Successful message.
- (Optional) In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.
vRealize Network Insight Cloud can now fetch the Kubernetes cluster details.
What to do next
Go to the Kubernetes Dashboard and view the details, see Viewing Kubernetes Details.