You can add VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud as a data source in vRealize Network Insight Cloud.
- You have not already added a VMware SD-WAN data source.
- The data source and its version is supported in vRealize Network Insight Cloud. For more information, see Supported Products and Versions.
- The data source follows VMware Ports and Protocols supported in vRealize Network Insight Cloud. For more information, see VMware Ports and Protocols.
- You have one of the following permissions or roles:
Note: For more information on VMware SD-WAN roles, see the Roles and Privilege Levels topic in VMware SD-WAN Administration Guide
- Enterprise Standard Admin
- Enterprise Superuser
- Enterprise Support
- You have added at least one VMware SD-WAN SKU license.
Note: In the vRealize Network Insight Cloud free trial period offer, you can add and get all VMware SD-WAN features. However, after you purchase a plan, you cannot add or access VMware SD-WAN data until you add the SD-WAN SKU to your setup.
- From the left navigation pane, go to .
- Click Add Source.
- Under WAN, select VeloCloud.
- In the Add a New VeloCloud Account or Source page, provide the required information.
Option Action Collector VM Select a flow collector VM from the drop-down menu. This VM is used to collect VeloCloud Edge flow records.Note: Do not use a Physical Flow Collector to collect VeloCloud Edge flow records. VCO URL Enter the VeloCloud Orchestrator (VCO) URL that you want to add as a data source. Username Enter the user name. Password Enter the password. Web Proxy (Optional) Select a web proxy from the drop-down menu.Note: The Web Proxy (Optional) is visible only if you have configured a web proxy in vRealize Network Insight Cloud.
- Click Validate.
- (Optional) In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
Note: You can see the View Instruction option in Note: Netflow collection should be enabled for all the Profiles and Edges.
Note: By default, for vRealize Network Insight Cloud trial, you get information related to only 15 Edges. And out of these 15 Edges, you see Edge related information for only those Edges for which vRealize Network Insight Cloud has received flows in the initial one hour after you enable the Netflow collection for the Edges