You must select the VMs on which you want to install the agent.
Ensure that you have completed all the prerequisites. For more information, see Prerequisites.
- From the Manage Agents tab, click the Install icon. You see the Manage Agent dialog box.
- From the How do you want to provide VM Credentials page, complete the following steps:
- If you have a common user name and password for all the VMs, select the Common username and password option.
- If you have different user names and passwords for all the VMs, select the Enter virtual machine credentials option.
- Click Next.
- From the Provide Credentials page, depending on whether you have a common credential for all VMs or different credentials for all VMs, enter the following details:
- If the selected VMs have a common user name and password, enter the common user name and password.
- For different user names and passwords for each VM, download the CSV template and add the required details such as the user name, password for each VM. Use the Browse button to select the template.
- The Create run time user on Linux virtual machines, with required permissions as part of agent installation check box is selected by default. For more information, see User Account Prerequisites.
- Click Next.
- From the Summary page, you can view the list of VMs on which the agent is to be deployed.
- Click Install Agent. Refresh the UI to view the agents that are installed.
On UAC disabled machines on Windows end points, the agent discovers the application services that are installed on the VMs. The application services are displayed in the Services Discovered/Configured column in the Manage Agents tab. You can view the status of agent installation from the Agent Status column in the Manage Agents tab.
UAC Enabled Machines on Windows End PointsThe bits are downloaded to the end point. You have to manually install the bits.
- From C:\VMware\UCP\downloads, run a bootstrap launcher.
- Go to %SYSTEMDRIVE%\VMware\UCP\downloads.
- Open cmd with administrator privileges.
- Run the cmd /c uaf-bootstrap-launcher.bat > uaf_bootstrap.log 2>&1 command.
- View the results from uaf_bootstrap.log.
- Verify the status of agent installation from the Agent Status and Last Operation Status columns in the Manage Agents tab.
What to do next
You can manage the services on each agent.
For information about uninstalling an agent, see Uninstall an Agent.