If the time settings between cloud proxy and vRealize Operations Cloud are not synchronized, you might face agent installation and metric collection issues. Eventually, you might not see any metrics in the vRealize Operations Cloud dashboards.
- You cannot install an agent in the Windows and Linux target VMs.
Time synchronization is a prerequisite of the TLS/SSO communication between client and server.
If the vRealize Operations Cloud and cloud proxy are not time synchronized, the test connection fails while configuring cloud proxy in vRealize Operations Cloud.
If the Windows and Linux target VMs are not time synchronized with vRealize Operations Cloud, communication between cloud proxy and agents will break after installing the agents. Hence monitored metrics are not sent to vRealize Operations Cloud. Alternatively, stop and restart the agent to resolve this issue.
- Check the vRealize Operations Cloud support bundle in the following path: COLLECTOR/adapters/APPOSUCPAdapter/ for errors.
- Check the cloud proxy support bundle, ucpapi.log, for errors.
- Ensure time synchronization between cloud proxy, vRealize Operations Cloud and the Windows and Linux target VMs.
- To start and restart the agent, see Additional Operations from the Manage Agents Tab.