vRealize Operations Cloud provides two preconfigured alerts designed to work with the Workload Optimization feature. You must take additional action in the Policies area to turn on the alerts and automate them so that predetermined actions are run when the alerts fire.
The following preconfigured alerts are designed to work with the Workload Optimization feature:
- Data center performance can potentially be optimized in one or more clusters.
- Custom data center performance can potentially be optimized in one or more clusters.
Ensure that you have all required permissions to access the Workload Optimization UI pages and manage vCenter Server objects.
- Select Administration from the menu, then Policies from the left pane.
- Click Policy Library and select the policy that includes settings for the relevant data centers and custom data centers, for example, vSphere Solution’s Default Policy.
- Click the Vertical Ellipses and then Edit.
- Click #6 on the lower left, Alert/Symptom Definitions.
- Search on "can potentially be optimized" to locate the two alerts you want.
- The alerts are turned ON by default/inheritance (see the State column).
- The alerts are not automated by default/inheritance (see the Automate column). To automate the alerts, click the menu symbol to the right of the inherited value and select the green check mark.
Workload Optimization is fully automated for your environment.
What to do next
To confirm that actions are taken automatically, monitor rebalance activity at the Workload Optimization screen.