After a user is onboarded to the VMware Cloud Services, an account is created for that user. The user can log in to the account and generate an API token that can be configured as part of Vmware Cloud on AWS.
- To configure the VMware Cloud on AWS Adapter, generate the CSP API token with any of the VMware Cloud on AWS service roles.
- For data collection of bills, generate the CSP API token with the Billing Read-only or Organization Owner organization role with any of the VMware Cloud on AWS service roles.
- For NSX monitoring, generate the CSP API token with the NSX Cloud Admin or NSX Cloud Auditor VMware Cloud on AWS service role.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Services, select your user profile in the top-right corner, and click My Account.
- In the My Account page, click API Tokens, and then click Generate Token.
- Select the required organization roles and the service roles. Depending on your requirement, you can specifically select either the organization roles or the service roles.
- Click Generate.
- Copy or save the generated token.