You can edit the monthly cost of labor for your cloud environment. You can set a total fixed cost for labor in vRealize Operations Cloud. The total labor cost is divided across all the hosts present in the data center. The labor cost is combination of the total cost of the server administrator, virtual infrastructure administrator, and the operating system administrator.
- Click Administration and in the left pane click .
- In the Cost Driver tab, click Labor.
- Select the required edit mode for changing the monthly labor cost.
- Edit for All Data centers - mode enables you to customize a single cost driver value for all the data centers. Any customizations done for the Specific data center mode are lost.
- Edit for specific Data Center - mode enables you to customize different cost driver values for different data centers. Any customizations done for All data centers mode are lost.
Note: When you select Edit for specific data center as the edit mode, then the select data center option is enabled. Select the data center from the drop-down menu
- Edit the monthly labor cost.
- Edit the detailed cost of labor.
- Edit the total monthly labor cost for servers, virtual infrastructure, and operating system.
- To customize the labor cost for a specific server, click Server and then click Edit For Individual Servers.
- Click +Add Cost Per Server.
- From the Select Server’s for customization drop-down select the required server and click Ok.
- Specify the Monthly hours of labor per hour, Labor hourly rate, and click Save.
The monthly labor cost is displayed.
Category Description Category Displays the categories of labor cost, servers, virtual infrastructure, and operating system Calculated by Displays whether the cost is calculated hourly or monthly. Total Monthly Cost Displays the total monthly cost of the particular category Reference Cost Displays the reference cost for the category from the cost drivers database
The total monthly cost is updated. The hourly rate option or the monthly cost option that you select is updated in the Calculated by column.