As a virtual infrastructure administrator or other IT professional, you determine that compute and storage resources in a given data center are volatile and a regularly scheduled optimization action can address the problem.
vRealize Operations Cloud monitors virtual objects and collects and analyzes related data that is presented to you in graphical form at the Workload Optimization page. Depending on what appears, you may determine that you must schedule optimization functions to distribute a workload more evenly in a data center or custom data center.
Ensure that you have all required permissions to access the Workload Optimization UI and manage vCenter Server objects.
- From the Home screen, click
in the left pane.
- From the carousel of data centers across the top of the page, select a data center for which you want to schedule repeated optimization actions.
- In the Workload Optimization pane, click SCHEDULE.
- Give the schedule a name and choose a time zone.
- Determine how often you want to repeat the optimization action and click the relevant radio button under Recurrence.
Depending on your selection under Recurrence, additional options appear to the right. In this instance, you choose to repeat the optimization daily.
- Leave the current date and time.
- Select the Repeat every day radio button.
- Select the Expire after radio button and tick the counter up to 6.
- Click Save.
The optimization action repeats for six days, then stops.At the Workload Optimization page, the Scheduled button appears in the upper right of the Workload Optimization pane if optimization actions are scheduled for the selected data center. If you want to edit or delete a schedule, click the Scheduled button. The Optimization Schedules page appears, where you can perform those actions.
What to do next
To confirm that your optimization action was finished, go to the Recent Tasks screen by selecting Administration on the top menu, and clicking in the left pane. In the Recent Tasks screen, use the Status function on the menu bar to locate your action by its status. You can also search using a range of filters. For example, filter on Event Source and enter the name of the scheduled optimization plan.