The Troubleshoot vSAN dashboard helps you view the properties of your vSAN cluster and the active alerts on the cluster components. The cluster components include hosts, disk groups, or the vSAN datastores.
You can select a cluster from the dashboard and then list all the known problems with the objects associated with the cluster. The objects include clusters, datastores, disk groups, physical disks, and VMs served by the selected vSAN cluster.
You can view the key use and performance metrics from the dashboard. You can also view the usage and performance trend of the cluster for the last 24 hours. You can also view historical issues and analyze the host, disk group, or physical disk.
You can use the heat maps within the dashboard to answer questions about write buffer usage, cache hit ratio, and host configurations. You can also use the heat maps to answer questions about physical issues with capacity and cache disks, such as drive wear out, drive temperature, and read-write errors.
You can use the dashboard widgets in several ways.
- Search for a vSAN cluster: Use this widget to search vSAN clusters. You can view the details of each vSAN cluster including the number of hosts, VMs, cache disks, capacity disks, and cluster type are provided. You can also view if the vSAN cluster is dedupe and compression enabled, and stretched.
- Any alerts on the cluster, hosts, VMs or disks?: Use this widget to view alerts on the cluster, VMs, or disks in your environment.
- Are the relatives healthy?: Use this widget to view the health, risk, and efficiency of the relatives. This widget also allows you to view the health of the datastore in a host and disks in each disk group.
- Are outstanding I/Os high?: Use this widget to view the key performance metrics. The widget indicates outstanding I/Os within 24 hours time period.
- Are VMs facing read latency?: Use this widget to view the read latency of VMs.
- Are VMs facing write latency?: Use this widget to view the write latency of VMs.
- Is the write buffer low?: Use this widget to view the usage of the write buffer on diskgroups in a cluster.
- Are the hosts consistently configured?: Use this widget to view the participating hosts in the selected cluster and to determine if the hosts are consistently configured.
- Cache Disks: Any hardware issues?: Use this widget to view the individual cache disks measured against various metrics.
- Capacity Disks: Any hardware issues?: Use this widget to view the individual capacity disks measured against various metrics.