You add a Service-Now Notification plug-in when you want to integrate Service Now ticketing system with vRealize Operations Cloud. Service Now creates an incident whenever an alert is triggered in vRealize Operations Cloud.
Using Service-Now Notification Plug-In you can send alert notifications to the Service Now ticketing system to create incidents. The incident includes information like the Caller, Category, Subcategory, Business Service, and other attributes related to alerts.
Ensure that you have log in credentials for Service-Now.
Ensure that you are assigned with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) role in Service Now.
- In the menu, click Administration and then in the left pane, click .
- From the toolbar, click Add and from the Plug-In Type drop-down menu, select Service-Now Notification Plug-in.
The dialog box expands to include your plug-in instance settings.
- Enter an Instance Name.
- Enter the Service Now URL.
- Enter the user name and password for Service Now.
- Enter a value for the Connection Count.
The connection count represents the maximum number of open connections allowed per node in vRealize Operations Cloud.
- To verify the specified paths, credentials, and permissions, click Test.
- Click Save.
This instance of the Service-Now Notifications plug-in is configured and running.
What to do next
When the plug-in is added, configure notifications for creating incidents in Service-Now ticketing system.