Ensure that you have an email user account that you can use as the connection account for the alert notifications. If you choose to require authentication, you must also know the password for this account.
- In the menu, click Administration and then in the left pane, click Management.
- Click Outbound Settings and click Add.
- From the Plug-In Type drop-down menu, select Standard Email Plugin.
The dialog box expands to include your SMTP settings.
- Optionally, click the Use Proxy check box and then select the cloud proxy from the Collector/Group drop-down menu to establish a connection.
Note: You must use a cloud proxy if your mail or rest server is located outside of AWS.
- Enter an Instance Name.
This is the name that identifies this instance that you select when you later configure notification rules.
- Configure the SMTP options appropriate for your environment.
Option Description Use Secure Connection
Enables secure communication encryption using SSL/TLS. If you select this option, you must select a method in the Secure Connection Type drop-down menu.
Enables authentication on the email user account that you use to configure this SMTP instance. If you select this option, you must provide a password for the user account.
URL or IP address of your email host server.
Default port SMTP uses to connect with the server.
Secure Connection Type
Select either SSL/TLS as the communication encryption method used in your environment from the drop-down menu. You must select a connection type if you select Use Secure Connection.
Email user account that is used to connect to the email server.
Password for the connection user account. A password is required if you select Requires Authentication.
Sender Email Address
Email address that appears on the notification message.
Displayed name for the sender email address.
Receiver Email Address
Receiver's email address.
- Click Save.
- To start the outbound alert service for this plug-in, select the instance in the list and click Enable on the toolbar.
This instance of the Standard Email Plug-In for outbound SMTP alerts is configured and running.
What to do next
Create notification rules that use the Standard Email Plug-In to send a message to your users about alerts requiring their attention. See User Scenario: Create a vRealize Operations Cloud Email Alert Notification.