You can export custom benchmarks from any vRealize Operations Cloud instance and import it to another instance. Reusing custom benchmarks saves you time and effort. You can modify an imported custom benchmark. Exported files are in the XML format. The XML file contains information about alert groups, alerts, and filters.
You must first export a XML file with the custom benchmarks from another instance of vRealize Operations Cloud before importing the XML file to another instance.
- Navigate to the Compliance homepage from page.
- To import a custom benchmark, select either the SDDC or the VMC SDDC tab depending on where your objects are present.
- In the Custom Benchmarks section, click Add Custom Compliance.
The Add Custom Compliance dialog box opens.
- Select Import An Existing Custom Benchmark.
- In the Import Compliance Score card dialog box, select the Score card Definition XML file from your local computer. If the XML file contains cloned alerts from the vRealize Operations Cloud instance that was used to export the file, the cloned alerts are also imported.
- vRealize Operations Cloud displays a message to indicate if the XML file was successfully imported.
- If you see a message which indicates that there is a conflict between the data in the XML file and the custom benchmarks already defined, make a selection on how to handle a conflict.
- Click Done.
- To export an existing custom benchmark, click the score card to select the benchmark and select Export from the Actions menu.
The imported compliance benchmarks are available in the Custom Benchmarks section of the Compliance page. You can edit the alert definitions and policies at any time by clicking Edit from the Actions menu after clicking the score card.