You can import and synchronize existing cloud accounts from vRealize Automation 8.x to vRealize Operations Cloud.The Import Accounts page lists all the cloud accounts associated with vCenter Server, Amazon AWS, and Microsoft Azure that are not managed by vRealize Operations Cloud. You can select and import these accounts into vRealize Operations Cloud directly with existing credentials as defined in vRealize Automation or add or edit the credentials before the import process. The Import Accounts option is hidden from the user until the integration with vRealized Automation 8.x is enabled from the integration page under Administration > Management.
- Verify that vRealize Automation 8.x is enabled from Administration > Management > Integrations in vRealize Operations Cloud.
- Verify that you know the vCenter Server credentials that have sufficient privileges to connect and collect data.
- Verify that the user has privileges of Organizational Owner and Cloud Assembly administrator set in vRealize Automation.
- In the menu, click Administration and then in the left pane, click Cloud Accounts > Import Accounts.
- From the Import Accounts page, select the cloud account you want to import.
- To override an existing credential from vRealize Automation, click the Edit icon next to Edit Credential.
- Select the existing credential from the Credential drop-down menu and click Save.
- To add a new credential, click the plus icon next to the Credential drop-down menu and enter the credential details and click Save.
- Select the collector/group from the drop-down menu.
- Click Validate to verify that the connection is successful.
- Click Import.
The imported cloud account is listed in the Cloud Accounts page. After the data collection for the cloud account is complete the configuration status changes from Warning to OK.