You can use a sample script to monitor operating systems in physical servers.
- Ensure that Internet is enabled.
- Verify that PowerShell is at 4.0 or above.
- Verify that OpenSSL is at 1.1.1 or above. Download from https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html.
- Download the sample script from cloud proxy from the following location: https://<cloudproxyIp>/downloads/salt/unmanagedagent_setup_sample.ps1
Note: Use the relevant cloud proxy IP address for <cloud-proxy> in the preceding location specified.
- Create the user's refresh token associated with the current organization from the following location in the Cloud Service portal.
User/Organization Settings > My Account > API Tokens >> Generate a New API Token
- Run the sample script.
.\unmanagedagent_setup_sample.ps1 -c <cloudproxyIp> -t <refreshToken from previous step> -d <agent installation directory>If the environment is behind a corporate proxy, the script considers the proxy explicitly for external connections.Note: Ensure that the special characters in the user name and password are either http encoded or escaped correctly. For example:
.\unmanagedagent_setup_sample.ps1 -c <cloudproxyIp> -t <refreshToken from previous step> -d <agent installation directory> -x http://<proxyIp>:<proxyPort> -u <proxyUser> -p <proxyPassword>
- Run Telegraf.
telegraf.exe --config telegraf.conf --config-directory telegraf.d
What to do next
You can view metrics by selecting the vRealize Operations Cloud user interface.Tab from the