You can remove objects which should not be monitored by vRealize Operations Cloud using the billing framework. The billing framework ensures that the license fee is not applicable to the unmanaged objects which are moved to the maintenance state.
How To Manage Unmanaged Objects
- Remove objects that should not be monitored.
- Move the unmonitored objects to maintenance state.
- Stop the data collection for the objects in maintenance mode.
- Power off the virtual machines that are in maintenance mode.
Billing Support for Unmanaged Objects
- vSphere and Public cloud virtual machines are in maintenance mode.
- vSphere and Public cloud virtual machines are in powered off state.
- vSphere and Public cloud virtual machines have stopped data collection.
- Power off the object
- Move the object to maintenance mode. To do this navigate to Administration > Inventory
- Stop data collection for the object. To do this navigate to Administration > Inventory
To know more about Cloud usage beyond the subscription limit and overage charges, see the KB 83784.
The licensing fee is not charged for the objects in maintenance mode, you can verify the same in the next hourly billing cycle. You can navigate to Administrator > Inventory list, to view the list of objects that are in maintenance mode.