You can view and modify the details for user groups, including users, roles, and objects.
Where You Add User Groups
- To add a user group, in the menu, click Administration and then click .
- Select the User Groups tab and then click the Add icon.
Table 1. Add or Edit User Group - Name and Description Page Option Description
Name of the user group that is created manually.
Description of the user group, indicating its purpose.
- After you enter the name and description, click Next
Table 2. Add or Edit User Group - Assign Members and Permissions Page Option Description
Select the members associated with the user group.
Roles determine which actions users of the group can perform in the system. Select a role from the Select Role drop-down menu, and then select the Assign this role to the user check box. You can associate more than one role with the user group.
Select which objects the users of the group can access when assigned this role.
- Select Object Hierarchies: Displays groups of objects. Select an object in this list to select all the objects in the hierarchy.
- Select Object: To select specific objects within the object hierarchy, click the down arrow to expand the list of objects. For example, expand the Adapter Instance hierarchy, and select one or more adapters.
- Allow access to all objects in the system: Select this check box to permit users of the group access to all objects in the system.