You must deploy the vRealize AI Cloud cloud proxy before you can start using vRealize AI Cloud. The cloud proxy works as a one-way remote collector and uploads data from the data center to vRealize AI Cloud. You must deploy a vRealize AI Cloud cloud proxy even if you have already deployed other cloud proxies in your vRealize Operations Cloud instance. After you deploy the cloud proxy, you must map your cloud accounts to complete the vRealize AI Cloud setup.
- Verify that you have an IP address, a DNS entry, and permissions to deploy OVF templates in vSphere.
- Log in to vSphere and verify that you are connected to a vCenter Server system.
- Verify that the outgoing HTTPS traffic is allowed for the cloud proxy. The cloud proxy communicates with the vRealize Operations Cloud gateway using HTTPS.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Cloud.
- In the left pane select Optimize Performance > vRealize AI Cloud.
- Save the OVA path. Optionally, click Download Cloud Proxy OVA to download and save the OVA file locally.
- To copy the link for the vRealize AI Cloud appliance, click the Copy Path icon for the Cloud Proxy OVA.
- To download and save the OVA file locally, click Download Cloud Proxy OVA.
- Navigate to your vSphere, select the name of your vCenter Server cluster, and select Deploy OVF Template from the Actions menu.
- Insert the ova link and then click Next.
- Paste the cloud proxy ova link in the URL field.
- Click the Local File option, browse, and select the downloaded OVA file.
- Follow the prompts to install the OVA on your vCenter Server.
- When prompted to enter the One Time Key (OTK) in the Customize template screen, return to the Deploy vRealize AI Cloud page in vRealize Operations Cloud, and click the Copy Key icon.
The One Time Key expires 30 minutes after generation. To avoid using an expired key, click Regenerate Key before proceeding. The one time key is used by the cloud proxy to authenticate to vRealize Operations Cloud.
- Return to vSphere and paste the key in the One Time Key text box to install the vRealize AI Cloud appliance.
- (Optional) Set up a proxy server in the Customize template screen.
- Enter details in the Network Proxy IP Address and Network Proxy Password properties.
- To enable SSL, select the Use SSL connection to proxy check box.
- If you are using SSL, you can choose to verify the certificate of the proxy server. Public certificate authorities are used to verify the proxy server certificate. To enable this, select the Verify proxy's SSL cert check box in the Verify SSL cert property.
- If you have a custom certificate authority, paste the root certificate authority in the Custom CA property to verify the certificate of the proxy server. The root certificate authority is passed on to the cloud proxy. Do not include the following lines from the certificate authority:
- Click Finish.
The deployment takes a few minutes to finish.
- Locate the cloud proxy you just installed, select the vRealize AI Cloud appliance, and click Power on.
Note: You must power on the vRealize AI Cloud appliance within 30 minutes of registering it. After 30 minutes, the One Time Key expires, and you must delete the vRealize AI Cloud appliance and deploy another vRealize AI Cloud cloud proxy.
- Return to the Cloud Proxy page in vRealize Operations Cloud to view the status of the cloud proxy you just installed.
- Once vRealize Operations Cloud detects the cloud proxy, click Next.
- In the Map Cloud Account screen, select the cloud accounts from where vRealize AI Cloud collects data for optimization. You must provide the read and write credentials for these accounts.
- Click Save to finish the deployment and configuration of the vRealize AI Cloud cloud proxy.