You can extend the monitoring capabilities of vRealize Operations Cloud by installing and configuring management packs in vRealize Operations Cloud to connect to and analyze data from external data sources in your environment. Once connected, you use vRealize Operations Cloud to monitor and manage objects in your environment.
A management pack might be only a connection to a data source, or it might include predefined dashboards, widgets, alerts, and views.
Solutions can include cloud accounts, other accounts, dashboards, reports, alerts, and other content. The cloud accounts and other accounts comprise of adapters and using which vRealize Operations Cloud manages communication and integration with other products, applications, and functions. When a management pack is installed and the adapters are configured, you can use the vRealize Operations Cloud analytics and alerting tools to manage the objects in your environment.
VMware solutions include adapters for Storage Devices, Log Insight, NSX for vSphere, Network Devices, and VCM. Third-party solutions include AWS, SCOM, EMC Smarts, and many others.
Other management packs such as the VMware Management Pack for NSX for vSphere, can be added to vRealize Operations Cloud as management packs from the Repository page. To download VMware management packs and other third-party solutions, visit the VMware Solution Exchange at https://marketplace.vmware.com/vsx/.
- VMware vSphere
- VMware vRealize Log Insight
- VMware vRealize Assessments
- VMware vSAN
- vRealize Operations Service Discovery Management Pack
- VMware vRealize Automation 8.x
- VMware Management Pack for AWS
- VMware Management Pack for Microsoft Azure
- VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX-T
- VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Cloud on AWS
vRealize Operations Cloud also includes management packs that are bundled with vRealize Operations Cloud, but not activated. You can activate these management packs from the Repository page. The management packs are as follows:
- Operating Systems/Remote Service Monitoring
- VMware vRealize Application Management Pack
- VMware vRealize Automation 7.x
- VMware vRealize Compliance Pack for PCI
- VMware vRealize Compliance Pack for ISO
- VMware vRealize Compliance Pack for HIPAA
- VMware vRealize Compliance Pack for FISMA
- VMware vRealize Compliance Pack for CIS
- VMware vRealize Compliance Pack for DISA
The management packs bundled with vRealize Operations Cloud are reinstalled if vRealize Operations Cloud is upgraded. If there is a fresh deployment of vRealize Operations Cloud, only VMware vSphere and vRealize Optimization Assessments are installed and activated, all other management packs are pre-bundled and require activation for use.
If you upgrade from an earlier version of vRealize Operations Cloud, your management pack files are copied to the /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/.backup file in a folder with the date and time as the folder name. Before migrating your data to your new vRealize Operations Cloud instance, you must configure the adapter instances again. If you have customized the adapter, your adapter customizations are not included in the migration, and you must reconfigure the customizations.
If you update a management pack in vRealize Operations Cloud to a newer version, and you have customized the adapter, your adapter customizations are not included in the upgrade, and you must reconfigure them.