In vRealize Operations Cloud, you can configure vRealize Automation 8.x instances to work with vRealize Operations Cloud instances. Using vRealize Operations Cloud you can monitor the placement of existing workloads and optimize the resource usage.
- Verify that the user has privileges of Organizational Owner and Cloud Assembly Administrator set in vRealize Automation.
- You must know the vCenter Server credentials and have the necessary permissions to connect and collect data.
- vRealize Operations Cloud must have the same vCenter Cloud Account configured to match with vRealize Automation 8.x.
- Ensure that integration is enabled for vRealize Operations Cloud and vRealize Automation 8.x.
- In the menu, select Home and then select Workload Optimization.
- Click the View filter drop-down menu and select the VRA Managed objects.
All the Cloud Zones related to the vCenter Server are displayed in vRealize Operations Cloud.
- Click the Cloud Zone you want to optimize.
- Based on the operational intent, click Optimize Now.
The system creates an optimization plan, which depicts BEFORE and (projected) AFTER workload statistics for the optimization action.
- If you are satisfied with the projected results of the optimization action, click NEXT.
- Review the optimization moves, then click BEGIN ACTION.
In the scope of vRealize Automation 8.x integration, vRealize Operations Cloud sends a move migration request directly to vRealize Automation 8.x. In the earlier versions, the migration request was sent to the vCenter Server.
What to do next
To verify that the optimization action is complete, select Administration on the top menu, and click History > Recent Tasks in the left pane. In the Recent Tasks page, use the Status function on the menu bar to locate your action by its status. You can also search using a range of filters. For example, first filter on Starting Time and scroll to the time when you began the action, then select the Object Name filter. Finally, enter the name of one of the VMs in the rebalance plan.