You can monitor and configure the vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) automation rules from vRealize Operations Cloud. DRS monitors and allocates the resources in your environment, and balances the computing capacity across your hosts and virtual machines.
How the Action Works
The Set DRS Automation action monitors and configures DRS automation rules. With the Set DRS Automation action, you can enable and disable DRS.
If vRealize Automation manages any of the virtual machines in your environment, the Set DRS Automation action is not available for that object.
Where You Run the Action
- Embedded just below the top menu.
- From the left menu click Details tab, and click Views. , select an object, click the
- From the left menu click Environment tab, and select an object in the list view. . Select an object, click the
- From the left menu clickEnvironmentand Inventory, then click the List tab, and select an object in the list.
- In configured alert recommendations.
- In the Object List and Topology Graph dashboard widgets.
Action Menu Items
To ensure that you are submitting the correct action for the correct objects, review the following information about the clusters.
Name of the cluster in the vCenter Server instance.
Level of DRS automation. When DRS is fully automated on the selected cluster, you can run the Set DRS Automation action.
Recommendations for the migration level of virtual machines. Migration thresholds are based on DRS priority levels, and are computed based on the workload imbalance metric for the cluster.
Parent vCenter Server instance where the cluster resides.
After you click Begin Action, the next dialog box provides the task ID and a link to the task list.
|Recent Tasks||To view the status of the job and verify that the job finished, click Recent Tasks.|
|OK||To close the dialog box without further action, click OK.|