The Delete Powered Off VM action in vRealize Operations Manager removes selected virtual machines that are in a powered off state from your vCenter Server instances. Use this action to reclaim redundant resources.
How the Action Works
The Delete Powered Off VM action removes virtual machines from the vCenter Server instances. If the virtual machine is powered on, the action does not delete the virtual machine.
Where You Run the Action
- Embedded just below the top menu.
- On the toolbar when you click Environment in the menu, select an object, click the Details tab, and click Views.
- On the toolbar when you click Environment in the menu, select an object, click the Environment tab, and select an object in the list view.
- In the Inventory list when you click Administration in the menu, click Inventory , then click the List tab, and select an object in the list.
- In configured alert recommendations.
- In the Object List and Topology Graph dashboard widgets.
To ensure that you are submitting the action for the right objects, review the following information.
Check box indicates whether the action is applied to the object. To not run the action on one or more objects, deselect the associated check boxes. This option is available when two or more objects are selected.
Name of the virtual machine as it appears in the environment inventory.
Indicates whether the virtual machine is powered on or powered off.
|Disk Space||Amount of disk space currently consumed by the virtual machine.|
|Snapshot Space||Amount of disk space currently consumed by the virtual machine snapshots.|
|Memory (MB)||Amount of memory allocated to the virtual machine.|
|CPU Count||Number of CPUs currently configured for the virtual machine.|
Name of the host on which the virtual machine is running.
Name of the VMware Adapter as it is configured in vRealize Operations Manager. The adapter manages the communication with the vCenter Server instance.
After you click OK, the next dialog box provides the task ID and a link to the task list.
|Recent Tasks||To view the status of the job and verify that the job finished, click Recent Tasks.|
|OK||To close the dialog box without further action, click OK.|