The Delete Idle VM action in vRealize Operations Cloud removes from your vCenter Server instances those selected virtual machines that are in an idle state. Use this action to reclaim redundant resources.
How the Action Works
The Delete Idle VM action removes from your vCenter Server instances those virtual machines that are powered on, but that are in an idle state.
Where You Run the Action
- Embedded just below the top menu.
- On the toolbar when you click Environment in the menu, select an object, click the Details tab and click Views.
- On the toolbar when you click Environment in the menu, select an object, click the Environment tab, and select an object in the list view.
- In the Inventory list click Administration in the menu, then click Inventory, then click the List tab, and select an object in the list.
- In configured alert recommendations.
- In the Object List and Topology Graph dashboard widgets.
Action Menu Items
Review the following information about the virtual machines to ensure that you are submitting the action for the correct objects.
Name of the virtual machine as it appears in the environment inventory.
Name of the host on which the virtual machine is running.
Parent vCenter Server instance where the virtual machine resides.
After you click Begin Action, the next dialog box provides the task ID and a link to the task list.
|Recent Tasks||To view the status of the job and verify that the job finished, click Recent Tasks.|
|OK||To close the dialog box without further action, click OK.|