A management pack is the part of the solution that you install. After you install the management pack, you configure an adapter instance.
Download the PAK file for VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Flowgate from VMware Marketplace. Save that PAK file to a temporary folder on your local system.
Verify that the time and date on the vCenter Manager host machine are set correctly. The time and date must be within 1800 seconds of the time and date on the Flowgate Server, so that the Management Pack for Flowgate can collect metrics. For instructions about setting your Network Time Protocol, see KB article 2012069 Configuring Network Time Protocol (NTP) on ESX/ESXi servers using the vSphere Client.
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager user interface with admin privileges.
- In the top pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Administration menu.
- On the left pane, click Solutions.
- Navigate to Repository.
- Click Add/Upgrade.
- Browse to locate the temporary folder and select the PAK file.
- If you are upgrading the management pack from a earlier version, select the Reset Default Content check box.
If you do not select this check box, some or all dashboards and alerts are duplicated after the management pack is installed.
- Click Upload.
The upload might take several minutes depends on your network speed.
- Read and accept the EULA and click Next. The installation details appear in the window during the process.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
The installer creates the Flowgate folder and Flowgate.jar file under the/usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/inbound folder.