If you reinstall the Horizon adapter to which the broker agent is connected, or you want to connect the broker agent to a different Horizon adapter instance, you must reconfigure the broker agent to pair with the Horizon adapter instance.
Verify that you have the server key for the Horizon adapter instance to pair with the broker agent. You specified the server key when you created a credential for the adapter instance.
Verify that you have the IP address of the Horizon Connection Server host where you installed the Horizon adapter.
- Log in to the Horizon Connection Server host where you installed the broker agent with a domain user account.
Local accounts do not have the necessary privileges to configure the broker agent settings.
- From the Start menu, select .
- In the vRealize Operations Horizon Adapter section of the vRealize Operations Horizon Broker Agent Settings dialog box, type the IP address and port number for the node or remote collector where the Horizon adapter instance is running.
By default, the broker agent uses port 3091 to communicate with the Horizon adapter. You can modify the default port number, depending on your network configuration.
- Type the adapter server key and confirm the server key for the Horizon adapter and click Pair to start the pairing process.
The status of the pairing process appears in the status area of the wizard.
- After the pairing process succeeds, click Next till you are at the Configure The Broker Agent Service wizard.
- Restart the Broker Agent service.
- Click Next and Finish.