You install the vRealize Operations for Horizon broker agent on one Horizon Connection Server host in each Horizon pod in your Horizon environment.
About this task
You cannot install the broker agent on a Horizon security server.
Install the vRealize Operations for Horizon solution, add your license key, and create an instance of the Horizon adapter.
Verify that you downloaded the broker agent installation file.
If a previous version of the broker agent is installed on the target Horizon Connection Server host, uninstall it.
If vRealize Operations for Horizon broker agent 6.1 is installed, it can be upgraded to vRealize Operations for Horizon broker agent 6.2.
- Log in to the Horizon Connection Server host where you plan to install the broker agent using a domain account that is part of the local administrators group.
- Copy the VMware-v4vbrokeragent-x86_64-6.2.0-buildnumber.exe file to a temporary folder on the Horizon Connection Server host.
- In the temporary folder, run the EXE file to start the broker agent setup wizard.
- Accept the EULA and click Next.
- (Optional) : Select the Launch the VMware vRealize Operations Horizon Broker Agent configuration utility check box to cause the Broker Agent Configuration wizard to open immediately after the broker agent is installed.
The check box is selected by default.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- When the installation finishes, click Finish to exit the broker agent setup wizard.
The broker agent is installed in the same folder as Horizon Connection Server.
What to do next
Use the Broker Agent Configuration wizard to configure the broker agent. See Configure the vRealize Operations for Horizon Broker Agent.