You install the vRealize Operations for Horizon desktop agent on the parent virtual machine, RDS host, or desktop source for the virtual machine that you want to monitor.
The vRealize Operations for Horizon desktop agent is installed as a part of the Horizon Agent installation. See the table in Desktop Agent to find the version included with your Horizon Agent and determine whether you need to install this version. If you chose not to install the desktop agent as part of Horizon Agent, you can install it independently.
For linked-clone desktops, perform the following procedure on the parent virtual machine in the linked-clone desktop pool.
For desktops in an automated or manual desktop pool, perform the following procedure on each virtual machine in the pool.
For desktops provided by an RDS host or physical machine desktop source, perform the following procedure on each server or physical machine.
For an automated desktop pool, you must also modify the virtual machine template so that the new desktop agent is installed on newly created desktops in the pool.
Install the vRealize Operations for Horizon solution and add your license key.
Create an instance of the Horizon Adapter.
Install and configure the vRealize Operations for Horizon broker agent on the Horizon Connection Server host for your Horizon pod.
If you are installing the desktop agent on linked-clone desktops, become familiar with the recompose operation. See the Horizon Administration document for your version.
- Log in to the machine where you plan to install the desktop agent using a domain account that is part of the local administrators group.
- Copy the VMware-v4vdesktopagent-x86_64-6.5-buildnumber.exe or VMware-v4vdesktopagent-6.5-buildnumber.exe file to a temporary folder on the machine and run the file.
- Read and accept the EULA and click Next.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Click Finish to exit the desktop agent setup wizard.
- If you are installing the desktop agent on the parent virtual machine for linked-clone desktops, perform the following additional steps:
- Shut down the parent virtual machine.
- In the vSphere Client, take a snapshot of the parent virtual machine in its powered-down state.
- In Horizon Administrator, recompose the linked-clone desktops.
The recompose operation updates all linked-clone desktops that are anchored to the parent virtual machine, causing the desktop agent to be installed on each linked-clone desktop.