About this task
Upgrading from vRealize Operations for Horizon 6.0 to vRealize Operations for Horizon 6.4 is not supported. If you have upgraded vRealize Operations Manager, you must reopen the ports.
Verify that your environment meets product compatibility, hardware, and software requirements. See System Requirements for vRealize Operations for Horizon.
Verify that Horizon is installed and running. See the installation document for your Horizon version.
Verify that vRealize Operations Manager is deployed and running.
If you have not yet upgraded to vRealize Operations Manager 6.2.1 or vRealize Operations Manager 6.3 or 6.4, upgrade vRealize Operations Manager before you upgrade vRealize Operations for Horizon.
Verify that a vCenter adapter is configured for each vCenter Server instance in your Horizon infrastructure. The vCenter adapter is provided with vRealize Operations Manager.
Download the vRealize Operations for Horizon installation files from the product download page. See Downloading the vRealize Operations for Horizon Installation Files.
Verify that you have a license key for the vRealize Operations for Horizon solution.
- On the Horizon Connection Server host where the previous broker agent is installed, select
and stop the Broker Agent service.
Stopping the broker agent service prevents errors or unhandled messages from occurring while the vRealize Operations for Horizon solution is being upgraded.
- Copy the VMware-vrops-viewadapter-6.5-buildnumber.pak file to a temporary folder.
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager user interface with admin privileges.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Administration tab and click Solutions.
- On the Solutions tab, select VMware Horizon and click the Add (plus sign) icon.
- Browse to locate the temporary folder and select the PAK file.
- Select Force installation and Reset out-of-the-box content and click Upload to overwrite the previous solution.
- Read and accept the EULA and click Next.
Installation details appear in the window during the upload process.
- When the upgrade is complete, click Finish.
You must restart vRealize Operations Manager cluster after the upgrade for the process to complete. To do so, run
service vmware-vcops --full-restarton the master node of the vRealize Operations Manager.
- In the /opt/vmware/etc/vmware-vcops-firewall.conf file on the vRealize Operations Manager, add the following command after TCPPORTS="$TCPPORTS 3091:3095":
This step is only required if you are using vRealize Operations Manager 6.3 or earlier. If you are using 6.4, skip to the next step.
- Restart the firewall by running the following command.
- Check the status of the firewall by running the following command.
What to do next
After the upgrade is finished, you must configure licensing information for the vRealize Operations for Horizon solution. See Adding a vRealize Operations for Horizon License Key.
After the vRealize Operations for Horizon solution is licensed, you must install and configure the new version of the vRealize Operations for Horizon broker agent. See Install the vRealize Operations for Horizon Broker Agent and Configure the vRealize Operations for Horizon Broker Agent.