You manually configure desktop applications that you want to appear on dashboards and reports.
- Open the /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/inbound/V4V_adapter3/conf/v4v-desktop-app-config.properties file on the vRealize Operations Manager master node.
- Add entries for the desktop applications that you want to monitor.
Use the name, full-path, pod-name format for application entries. If you do not specify a pod name, the application is monitored on all pods.For example, the following entry monitors Microsoft Notepad on a pod named Cluster-SERVER621:
- (Optional) Enable application instance monitoring. If you do not enable this feature, the system displays only the desktop applications tier and desktop applications objects.
- Open the /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/inbound/V4V_adapter3/conf/v4v.properties file on the vRealize Operations Manager master node.
- Change the value of enableDesktopApplicationInstance to
- Restart all nodes that collect data from the affected pods.
service vmware-vcops --full-restart
These nodes might be remote collector nodes or the master node. You can also choose to restart the entire cluster.