Broker and desktop message servers use a self-signed certificate generated by the Horizon Adapter for authentication with agents. You can replace this self-signed certificate with a certificate that is signed by a valid certificate authority.
Obtain the keystore passwords from the msgserver.properties file on the vRealize Operations Manager node where the adapter instance is running.
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager node where the adapter instance is running and open the /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/inbound/V4V_adapter3/work directory.
- Run the keytool utility with the -genkeypair option to generate a new self-signed certificate for the Horizon Adapter.
Because the default self-signed certificate is issued to VMware, you must generate a new self-signed certificate before you can request a signed certificate. The signed certificate must be issued to your organization.
keytool -genkeypair -alias v4v-adapter -dname dn-of-org -keystore v4v-adapter.jksdn-of-org is the distinguished name of the organization to which the certificate is issued, for example, "OU=Management Platform, O=VMware\, Inc., C=US".
- Run the keytool utility with the -certreq option to generate a certificate signing request.
keytool -certreq -alias v4v-adapter -file certificate-request-file -keystore v4v-adapter.jks
- Upload the certificate signing request to a certificate authority and request a signed certificate.
If the certificate authority requests a password for the certificate private key, use the password configured for the certificate store.
- After the certificate authority returns a signed certificate, copy the certificate file to the /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/inbound/V4V_adapter3/work directory.
- Run the keytool utility with the –import option to import the new certificate.
keytool -import -alias v4v-adapter -file new-certificate-filename -keystore v4v-adapter.jks
- Restart the Horizon Adapter service.
service vmware-vcops restartThe broker and desktop message servers on the adapter instance now use the signed certificate that you imported.
- Pair broker agents with the adapter instance again.
- Log in to the Horizon Connection Server host as a Horizon administrator.
- Select .
- Confirm the port and server key and click Pair.
- Click Next until the Ready To Complete page is displayed and click Finish.