You can directly upgrade from vRealize Operations for Published Applications 6.2 or vRealize Operations for Published Applications 6.2.1 to vRealize Operations for Published Applications 6.3.
About this task
Upgrading from vRealize Operations for Published Applications 6.1 to vRealize Operations for Published Applications 6.3 is not supported.
Verify that your environment meets product compatibility, hardware, and software requirements.
Verify that XD Controller is installed and running.
Verify that vRealize Operations Manager is deployed and running.
If you have not yet upgraded to vRealize Operations Manager 6.1 or vRealize Operations for Published Applications 6.2, upgrade vRealize Operations Manager before you upgrade vRealize Operations for Published Applications.
Verify that a vCenter adapter is configured for each vCenter Server instance in your Published Applications infrastructure. The vCenter adapter is provided with vRealize Operations Manager.
Download the vRealize Operations for Published Applications installation files from the product download page.
Verify that you have a license key for the vRealize Operations for Published Applications solution.
- On the XD Controller host where the previous broker agent is installed, select Broker Agent Settings and stop the Broker Agent service.
Stopping the broker agent service prevents errors or unhandled messages from occurring while the vRealize Operations for Published Applications solution is being upgraded.
- Copy the VMware-vrops-v4paadapter-6.3-buildnumber.pak file to a temporary folder.
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager user interface with admin privileges.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Administration tab and click Solutions.
- On the Solutions tab, select vRealize Operation for Published Apps XD-XA and click the Add (plus sign) icon.
- Browse to locate the temporary folder and select the PAK file.
- Select Force installation and Reset out-of-the-box content and click Upload to overwrite the previous solution.
- Read and accept the EULA and click Next.
Installation details appear in the window during the upload process.
- When the upgrade is complete, click Finish.
You must restart vRealize Operations Manager cluster after the upgrade for the process to complete. To do so, run
service vmware-vcops --full-restarton the master node of the vRealize Operations Manager.
- If the port numbers are already not present in the /opt/vmware/etc/vmware-vcops-firewall.conf file on the vRealize Operations Manager, add the following command after TCPPORTS="$TCPPORTS 3091:3094":
- Restart the firewall by running the following command.
- Check the status of the firewall by running the following command.
What to do next
After the upgrade is finished, you must delete the existing solution for vRealize Operations for Published Applications 6.2/6.2.1 and add new license for XD-XA solution.
After the vRealize Operations for Published Applications solution is licensed, you can install/upgrade and configure the new version of the vRealize Operations for Published Applications solution.